What the H*#L is this?

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class
It looks pretty cool but I don't think I want it on my boat. It has probably had the snot ran out of it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/1927145562.html

I HAVE A 135 CHRYSLER STACKER MOTOR UP FOR SALE. THIS MOTOR IS VERY RARE AND IS COMING OFF OF A LAKE READY BOAT AS OF 2 WEEKS AGO. THIS WAS A FACTORY RACE MOTOR FROM THE LATE 60'S EARLY 70'S. THIS OUTBOARD HAS THE FACTORY STACKS AND DIFFERENT COWLING. I BELIEVE THIS OUTBOARD HAS A DIFFERENT LOWER UNIT. I AM RUNNING THIS ON HERE BEFORE I LIST IT ON EBAY IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS. I AM UP TO ALL OFFERS.

cool%20motor.jpg

cool%20motor2.jpg

Micahhaase

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What the H*#L is this?

Wow never seen one of those before... I see they are in OKC so I might go check it out... let me know if you guys have some questions.. I wont mind asking.

RRitt

Captain

i doubt you can sneak up on any fish with it.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Force used to be used in LOTS of races.An 85 hp held a record of 62 mph.
Lots of power to weight ratio,makes for a FAST motor.J

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

It is an earlier Chrysler race engine without the racing lower unit.--Kind of defeats the purpose a bit.

The two stack manifolds separate the top two cylinders from the bottom two so that radical porting can be used. The stack is slidable (last set I saw had silicone rubber sleeves, this one doesn't seem to have them) and can be tuned to a narrow range of RPM. The top stack reflects the pulse from #1 cylinder into #2 before the exhaust ports close and from #2 into #1 (Power pulses are 180 degrees apart.) giving a mild supercharging effect. Same with #3 and #4. The stack manifolds butt directly against the exhaust ports and are water cooled as is the special exhaust cover.

Last set of stacks and racing lower unit I saw went for 1600 bucks on ebay. No engine, just stacks and racing lower.

Chrysler did advertise the 135 as a specially square ported engine for high power. I did not follow marine racing at the time so I can not tell you if they were successful against the big black engines.