What prop

Btrent1999@gmail.com

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 96 120 force on a quamtum 170 xd just trying to find out what pitch the prop is it runs about 52 mph gps put a fin on it lost about 4 mph when I did it had a bad hole shot before fin ok now just thinking if I changed the prop I might get more mph "?..any way to tell what prop it is now all new to me thanks

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: What prop

Need to know?? What prop u have now.The RPM's at WOT.
The fins make it easier to get on plane and plane at a lower rpms.
The prop will have some #s somewhere on it.It could be under the prop nut or on the side between the blades.
52 from a 120 is D$$%^ good!!!
The load can affect speed too.3 fat boys a dog a case of beer and a full cooler and full tank of gas will hurt.
Post the answers to my ?s and we can tell you more.J

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: What prop

Your prop numbers should appear near the base of the blades or under the prop nut.
While the fin can improve handling it's a bandaid over a poor setup.and it can create probvlems as well.I think your motor is too low which could contribute to poor hole shot.
Remove the fin and raise the motor to a point just before venting(cavitation) becomes a problem this could improve hole shot and speed. Please read "read this first" at the top of the page and get us as much info as possible.