What is the part number for a NON VRO fuel pump

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a buddy who disabled the VRO on his 90 HP Johnson years ago. The fuel pump is massively leaking gas. I told him you can get just a gas version fuel pump does anyone have a thread that points to this replacement or just a part number or link to said pump?

This is the welsh plug on the block... J90TLCDCIMG_20230505_174253396_HDR.jpg

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ok I found the big official OMC one from a parts site. OMC part number.

5007422​

It looks like Chinese junk ones are around $175 give or take.

I believe it's just a bad diaphragm or o ring in the original. Many of the reviews of the cheap pumps say they leak in no time. It might make more sense to use a quality rebuild kit to seal the original one up?

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
There is a spot on the intake manifold to mount a simple pump.-----It mounts directly over the pulse port with 2 screws and a gasket.----Part # is 0438556 , very simple to install.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
There is a spot on the intake manifold to mount a simple pump.-----It mounts directly over the pulse port with 2 screws and a gasket.----Part # is 0438556 , very simple to install.
I was thinking that there was this solution. Thanks!

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
This is a buddies engine so I can't just look at it. Does someone have a pic of the pulse port location on this engine. Is it on the port side of the engine like smaller OMCs I have had in the past? I assume there is a block off plate 😔 installed Or is the pulse used as part of the current VRO setup? Also do we need to make sure and get longer screws if it's just a simple block off plate to bolt the fuel pump to the block?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Simple to find the pulse port.----Look in front of the starter motor.-----You will find 2 holes with 10-24 NC thread.----About 2" apart.----Find a plug in-between them.-----Remove the plug for the pulse port.----Plug the pulse port that was used for the VRO pump.--Simple as can be.