What is the P/N for the manual I need?

Does anyone know what the OMC part number is for the OMC service manual I need for my 1988 4.3 litre GM V-6 engine and cobra drive?

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Re: What is the P/N for the manual I need?

OMC P/N 507708 This manual covers GDP and GDE Cobra Models for 1988.

boatgrunt

Petty Officer 1st Class

The manual that DukesFin linked you to is for the Seloc manual. Based on my experience, I prefer the OMC shop manual. Email Bob Johnson at viking7@cox.net. He shipped me a 1989 and 1990 OMC shop manual cheap. I'm sure that he could look up the part number for you in addition to sell you an '88 OMC shop manual.

I am looking for the OMC brand, not Seloc. dubs, what does GDP and GDE stand for? Boatgrunt, I will email Bob. Thanks everyone!!!

dubs283

Vice Admiral

Don, I have in front of me right now the OMC Service Manual for 1988, P/N 507708. The GDP and GDE letters are model year references for ALL 1988 Cobra Engines. I did NOT give you a Seloc #. If you look at your engine model # and serial # tag you will see, if it is an '88 package, the Model # will end in GDP or GDE.

Dubs, Not long after replying I remembered that GDP or GDE was the last letters of the model number, I had written various numbers down for ordering parts. My model number is 432APRGDA. I confused the guy at the local marina with the GDA so I double checked and I am sure that it is GDA. Do you or anyone know why my model# ends with GDA? I purchased the manual P/N 507708 from ebay and it list the GDE and GDP. Boatgrunt, I contacted Bob and he didn't have this manual. Thanks everyone and if anyone can shed some light on why my model # ends with GDA please reply. The model number consist of dots to spell it out, like a dot matrix printer or braille. I will look for an illustration telling what the numbers and letters represent. Thanks!!! ALL