What is a 1994 regal rush jet boat worth

gupta12342

Recruit
i found this 1994 regal rush jet 90 hp boat for sale near me the add says it works and to make an offer. I was wonderign how much money it would be worth?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: What is a 1994 regal rush jet boat worth

The motor's tend to be problematic and unless you are really good with mercury motors and jet systems...... I would not recommend one.
I have no desire for one and I could not see offering 750-1000 dollars

Are you an experienced boater? Mechanic? I have seen simple repairs on those go for huge money.

Welcome to iboats.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Keep in mind that isn't a merc motor, its a force/chrysler with a merc sticker on it.

Which makes the value around $250.

And even if you got it for that, jets aren't very good propulsion systems for boats. They're inefficient, so you won't get the performance out of it that a prop driven 90 would give you. And as others have pointed out there's a lot to go wrong. There's a reason you don't see many of them around.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

And even if you got it for that, jets aren't very good propulsion systems for boats. They're inefficient, so you won't get the performance out of it that a prop driven 90 would give you. And as others have pointed out there's a lot to go wrong. There's a reason you don't see many of them around.

The 90/95 hp sportjets were dogs... but on the other hand, the 120 SJ's were MUCH, MUCH better motors. They would toss that little boat around at 50+ mph. Also, keep in mind those are 90 HP rated at the pump. They are not 90hp powerheads connected to a pump.

gupta12342

Recruit
Re: What is a 1996 Sugar Sand Heat XRT jet boat worth

Re: What is a 1996 Sugar Sand Heat XRT jet boat worth

ok thanks for the responses you said that a 90 hp was not that good for these boats. I found a 1996 Sugar Sand Heat XRT with a 120 hp in it would this be any better?

matt167

Captain

Same Force powerhead with more HP. I've never ridden in one but they do look like fun boats.. I would shy away from the Force jet setup tho, not because the Force engines are no good ( they are actually very decent, but were old 1960's tech ) but because the crankshaft in those is not standard to the Force outboards and the parts are not available anymore. That means if you really blow the engine good, you have to either find a Jet Force powerhead and do a swap, or you need to swap crankshafts to a Force outboard powerhead, and then hope your crank is good.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

pump parts are hard to get too.... there is a reason these boats are so cheap

for MY money.... a 16'er w an outboard can be bought cheap and will perform better on less fuel and also be more reliable

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I would avoid. 50 mph with the 120 jet? No way.

The sugar sand with 175 v6 merc sport jet with larger diam. Impeller maybe, but my lake neighbor with sugar sand Mirage w/120 sport jet made lots of noise, was slow to plane and didn't have much top speed. I would pick a 15-16' runabout with a 70 or 85 hp outboard first.