What did you do to your boat today?

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Down here in South Carolina we are getting a taste of spring - 72 degrees and sunny. I drug the boat to the house and did my summarization so I could be one step ahead when it finally comes time to hit the water in mid April.

I changed the engine oil in my VP 5.0 GL, drained and changed the lower gear lube, installed a new fuel/water separator, pulled the outdrive and lubed it up, and checked the u-joints, bellows and impeller. All in all, took about 3 hours.

It was really nice to have an afternoon of working on the boat with no issues or surprises. The outdrive came off easily, no frozen bolts, and no damaged components. The lower unit gear oil looked exactly the same as it did when I filled it up last year and the engine idled beautifully.

Next week I'm going to tackle some chips in the gelcoat and wash it all up. If the sun stays strong we'll be in the water by Easter.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Not a darn thing, I did look at it though! LOL I still have a small amount of snow on the ground and then have to finish up with mud mode, then the lakes will thaw out, so I should be in the water by June.

NYBo

Admiral
Not a darn thing, I did look at it though! LOL I still have a small amount of snow on the ground and then have to finish up with mud mode, then the lakes will thaw out, so I should be in the water by June.

Pretty much the same deal here (looked at the boat)` except the ice will be off the Hudson in a few weeks.

Jeep Man

Commander
Well...............I stared at it for some time. Then I mulled over a though for a while. Do I take it off the side yard before it thaws or wait till the mud turns back to regular dirt? Think I'll wait till the lake gets a little softer. Pop another top and stare some more. My neighbor transferred to South Carolina. Wonder if I can swing it!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Down here in South Carolina we are getting a taste of spring - 72 degrees and sunny. I drug the boat to the house and did my summarization so I could be one step ahead when it finally comes time to hit the water in mid April.

Here in Wisconsin some of the walleye guys are already hitting the rivers. Current temp, 29deg.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Started sewing some vinyl home made boots to cover some previous splashwell butchery . I raised the motor up a while back and the steering arm was hitting the side of the splash so I needed to cut it out so the arm would clear .. Out of sight ,out of mind ...
Got a trip planed in a few weeks so will be working on some odds and ends ....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I am presently rebuilding my tri-hull back now, but I had to cut the lawn, edge it, trim it and blow off the debris from the sidewalk and drive way and then trim the rose bushes and maiden grass for their spring growth already. So all I was able to do with the boat was do a really good vacuuming of the hull in preparation for more CSM covering... I live in middle Georgia, we've already this winter/spring have had 80 degree days thus far.

rengnath

Cadet
I just replaced the water impeller on my lower unit. I had taken off the lower unit before taking it to storage so I could keep the drive in the down position.

Other than that, I have a huge list of items that I have collected over the winter months that are ready to be installed next weekend when I pick the boat up. Of the new parts, I'm most excited for the Bennett M120 trim tabs that I'll be installing next Sunday.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Fuel system re-build on my Sea Nymph. Old leaky pos Atwood tank replaced, this that and the other along with new OEM fuel pump (rebuild lasted 2 years). Waiting for some more stable weather to replace the controls on my Chief. I did all the maintenance on the Mercruiser last fall before winter, spring is a bad time to find out you had a problem last fall.

dwco5051

Commander
I laid a bunch of tools on the front casting deck while I worked on a tractor next to it in the shop. It was the closest "bench" in the area I was working.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
On Saturday, I dragged the little one to the lake to pull our duck blind.

Today(Monday) I have to shovel 6" of snow out of it.

The big one has about 3 more weeks of sitting in storage. Then the list will be quite long.

acdc96

Chief Petty Officer
Looked at my boat frozen in 2 ft of ice/snow. Looking for a 50hp longshaft. Still to cold to do anything yet. Currently 29 degrees.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
wife out of town this week going to go get it and put in the driveway today.

I've got a to do list around here somewhere but for sure new stern light in. Still finding things the PO had let the mice eat.

Trim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I got my baby out of storage last week. Had my new wakeboard tower and bimini top put on, oil/filter changed, fuel filter replaced, and new gasket on lower unit. Brought her home and decided to wax it myself, spent most of the day doing that. Might look into having someone do that for me next time cause its a pain in the butt but it sure does look nice :)

oldjeep

Admiral
Looked at it longingly as I was pulling out the snow blower to clear off the driveway.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Watched it get covered with 5" of new snow after uncovering yesterday to start cleaning it out for plywood replacement.

3rdtimesthecharm

Petty Officer 1st Class
Put mine back on the trailer and under the carport since the Ohio River is out of my front yard now.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
thats just gotta hurt

What really hurts is on Sat I also just pulled the snow blower off the tractor and it's still sitting in the middle of my 1.5 car garage. I really thought we were done with the snow. Weather the rest of this week in up and down. Hopefully it melts off soon.