What are these thingys

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class
IMG_4954.jpg

I found these rolling around in the legs of both my 88 and 89 force 125s. I assume they play a part in managing water as it exits the leg or snout. In both cases they were detached. Are they important, and what's the best way to keep them in place? Thanks

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: What are these thingys

Yep! Those are part of the idle relief system. they control both water level inside the leg and amount of exhaust passed during idle. They plug into the engine--I,m not sure where because I have never taken one of those legs apart. However: On my Chrysler 60, the same parts screw into the midleg at the flange where the exhaust tube enters. So it is logical to assume that these plug in the same place.

I do have a 1989 125 and they have popped out of their seats. I found one stuck in the exhaust bellows. The engine does not even know they are missing.

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What are these thingys

Yes Frank I also found one in the exhaust bellows. There are two holes in the leg flange just to the rear of the exhaust tube. These tube just snap into place. I guess I'll give some thought on how to keep them in place. Silicone maybe?

altitude 411

Petty Officer 3rd Class
bringing back an old thread. I have also found these rattling around in my exhaust housing. I now know what they are just not clear how they are orientated? Do they point up towards power head or down towards the prop? I'm guessing up since the name.... STAND tube

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
bringing back an old thread. I have also found these rattling around in my exhaust housing. I now know what they are just not clear how they are orientated? Do they point up towards power head or down towards the prop? I'm guessing up since the name.... STAND tube

Read our rules about opening up old threads and start your own.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.