Weirdest thing you ever seen on the water?? :P

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Weirdest thing you ever seen on the water?? :p

I haven't been out since he got it but on the river next year I'll have to watch out for the shark.

pretty weird- but i think it would be boring after 30 min.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Nah, veritas honus...I've been on Google Earth looking for your house! :p

PM me and I'll Give you my address and directions. Some cold brew, and some room temperature single malt... Sound like a plan?:D

mitchp

Seaman

I live in central Ohio. I boat quite a bit on my close to home lake, called Buckeye Lake. On several ocations i have seen this very unusual boat. I would describe it as a 1/4 scale Spanish Galleon, much like Chistifer Columbus, sailing ship which i believe was the Santa Maria. To top it off, the person at the helm on the raised deck over the stern, was wearing a hat, like Captain Crunch on the cereal box. Quite a site. Anybody know anything about this boat? Mitch

sasto

Captain

PM me and I'll Give you my address and directions. Some cold brew, and some room temperature single malt... Sound like a plan?:D

Sure does, veritas honus. My next trip north I will look you up. I never know what I will do next!

sasto

Captain

I would describe it as a 1/4 scale Spanish Galleon, much like Chistifer Columbus, sailing ship which i believe was the Santa Maria. To top it off, the person at the helm on the raised deck over the stern, was wearing a hat, like Captain Crunch on the cereal box. Quite a site. Anybody know anything about this boat? Mitch

Hi mitchp

Is this the boat you are speaking of owned by the famous Capt Bob

.http://lh3.ggpht.com/_r39Z9nfOyvY/SFsJ27j0qnI/AAAAAAAAE0U/CfO8fEsrNSE/503.JPG

Crazy D

Cadet

Last year on Delavan Lake Wisconsin , trolling along the shorelines , i seen a northern pike bobbing straight up and down with his head completely out of the water , like a no wake buoy :D . Then he was gone after about 3 minutes .

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Sure does, veritas honus. My next trip north I will look you up. I never know what I will do next!

With a weeks notice, I can generally adjust my work schedule any way I need. With less, it can usually be worked out, too:D.

Any time... Just let me know.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I feel I need to clarify that I am in no way scared of snakes, I had several Pythons including a 14' Burmese Python in my younger days.... I AM however scared of my buddies wife jumping in my lap while my wife of spanish decent witnessing the situation and beating my arse!

Bait Me

Cadet

Weirdest thing: Winter - Snowmobilers "Skipping" their machines across a patch of open water from one side of the ice to the other under a small bridge, no less. On Mousam Lake in Maine.

64osby

Admiral

When I was a kid my dad rented a place on Gull Lake during the summer. One day I saw a the "Dinner Boat" slowly moving across the water. Hopped in the boat to go get a look and there was a guy swimming - pulling the boat across the bay.

A quick clip for the link below states

1971 He pulled a 15-ton steamboat for one and a half miles into the wind. Gull Lake, Michigan.

?This received AP and UPI coverage
?This earned him an appearance on To Tell The Truth

I just looked it up and found out the guys name is Walter Poenisch, the link shows other endurance swims he has done.

http://swim4peace.com/history.html

This was a 2 story upscale steamboat that used to do the sunset dinner crusies. At the time I thought the guy was crazy. The wind was blowing pretty good that day and the boat was inching across the lake. Turns out the guy has a very interesting history.

thesledhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It may be. They usually go out into Devil's Cove (the party cove) when there's a significant amount of boats out there. I believe they're out of Jonestown. With Spring Break and all, if the weather is good, I'll bet they'll be out. It's kinda pricey but really cool if you ask me. I'm easily entertained! lol What brings yall down this way? If you've never been to Lake Travis you'll love it! Do you have any pics of your boat posted on the site? I LOVE the Nordics!!

well my wife has some fam down that way. I'm easily amused as well LOL. there are a few pics in the whip thread here http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=334189&p=3046442&viewfull=1#post3046442

now back to the normal/ or strange as you guys call it :D heres my lil girl and her best bud
IMAG0258.jpg
IMAG0260.jpg

hostage

Lieutenant

When I did crew my first year of college another boat almost collided with a deer. I think all the rowers got really surprised when the coxswain said DEER!

I also remember when I was about 8 at my grandfather lake house. I told him there was an alligator around his dock, he told me it was a log. That was the first time I ever saw a log with eyes and it submerged when I got closer to take a look.

tschmidty

Chief Petty Officer

I am going to say this was the weirdest I saw.

dscn0187.jpg

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

While idling up a very narrow passage into a lagoon to anchor overnight I had a bear swim across 50 ft ahead of me,also there was a young moose lived on Lucy island for a summer, fish and wildlife rescued it in the fall and took it to the mainland. Lucy island is 9 miles fromthe mainland! Who knows how it got there,possibly caught in an ebb tide

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The yellow thing? Possibly a JATO unit :eek:

IH8JEEP

Seaman Apprentice

Snagged water snake while bass fishing here in Pa. Got it to the boat it was a coperhead. I just cut the line. Didn't know they could even swim. Couple years later wading along shore trout fishing. Coperhead across water right beside. I know these were coperheads. Killed quite a few and had two hunting dogs taken to vets for snake bite anti venom.