Weight loss help

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Weight loss help

Xenical will teach you to avoid fats, because if you don't you will purchase many new garments. thus you learn and in time your habit will shift away from consuming fats including the hidden fats in food. The surgery mentioned above is a surgical fat blocker. in addition to restrictive functions.

zach103

Commander

well today . i had a ham wrap. and a salad. than a big salad for dinner. . ive cut soda out of my life. and couldn't make it to the gym today due to school work. i take the stairs in my dorm cuz ive seen like 6 people get stuck in the elevators. im on the 5th floor. not sure what else . but thats my start.

scipper77

Commander

well today . i had a ham wrap. and a salad. than a big salad for dinner. . ive cut soda out of my life. and couldn't make it to the gym today due to school work. i take the stairs in my dorm cuz ive seen like 6 people get stuck in the elevators. im on the 5th floor. not sure what else . but thats my start.

Loosing weight in a dorm!!!! Can it even be done??

Dorms are truly a very difficult environment to maintain a healthy lifestyle in. I'm sure at least a few people reading this post gained the "freshman 15".

zach103

Commander

i know.. well as soon as i get the truck (oops crew thread) im moving home. so it'll be easier.

lester

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Zach, what college are you attending?

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm going to post my experience with losing weight. I did a weight lifter workout except I didn't do the cardio. For whatever reason I've ALWAYS had a terrible time with cardio. Played hockey, soccer and baseball for 13 years and still had no lungs to back me. Biggest thing with lifting weights and strength training from what I read is a good balance of carbs, fat, and protein. Carbs are tough for me because I am diabetic and am just not comfortable following the recommendations for them. Either way, I spent 8 months lifting and went from 260lbs to 180lbs. I'm 6' 4" BTW. I did build a bunch of muscle but I only worked out about 4 days a week and maybe 30 minutes at a time. I found that having the muscle being built was helping really burn the fat and increased my metabolism 100 fold.

Biggest thing... once you start, don't stop!!! I stopped and am now back up to about 215lbs. Was 230lbs a few months ago. I'm finding it really hard to start up again also, although I remember how great I felt. I guess the biggest thing is to start watching what you eat (was always told, have that extra pork chop rather then the extra potato) and stick with it. Once you find something you're happy with it's a "hurry up and wait" game. The results will come but it does take time.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I had a dietician explain my weight gain like this:
(hope I can remember the details correctly).

When you eat sugar and/or carbohydrate that the body isn't using up in exercise, your insulin spikes and causes this surplus energy to be carried by the blood and stored in the body as fat.
One solution to weight loss was to reduce the intake of sugars and carbohydrates, but you have to maintain fibre, otherwise you will suffer from constipation, which in turn may effect piles or tears in your rear end.

When I need to loose weight, I reduce drastically my sugar intake (still have it in my coffee, but cut out sodas and all drinks/foods loaded with sugar), and I limit my breads, rice, potatoes, pasta, but I increase my fresh fruits like apples.

The weight comes off, but not so much my gut girth, but my shoulders, hips, neck, hands etc. Remember I am 60 though.

Pretty sure I have most of the story right!!

During my army days, we had a Dr who survived (teenager) Nazi concentration camps.....he use to always say "there was never a fat jew in the camps"....meaning weight is directly related to the amount we eat.

Cheers
Phillip