*%@!@# Weather

WizeOne

Commander
Re: *%@!@# Weather

We are not much better off up here in the PNW. The recent continual rain has abated but it remains cloudy, cool and depressing.

I guess we shouldn't complain though. Our friends in the NE are getting hammered by the other end of the spectrum.

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

3 day week-end, rain all week-end, = no trip to the lake !!!!! :(

Send it here to northeastern PA. We're almost at the point of dust clouds when you walk on the grass.

Actual temps around 100* until friday when we "might" get some rain.

Not looking forward to going to work this week as I'm a machinist in a NON air conditioned shop :(

WizeOne

Commander

Send it here to northeastern PA. We're almost at the point of dust clouds when you walk on the grass.

Actual temps around 100* until friday when we "might" get some rain.

Not looking forward to going to work this week as I'm a machinist in a NON air conditioned shop :(

Ooh! I remember that PA heat and humidity from a visit back in '64. It was around Franklin and Oil City. No one had air conditioning back then. I was no stranger to heat, being a SoCal kid, but that was the only time I suffered from heat prostration. They had to give me salt pills.

The thing I could never get over is that they fought the Civil War in that weather, wearing dark wool uniforms and marching all day behind freight wagons kicking up all the dust.

204 Escape

Ensign

For the last 30 days, we've had nothing less than 80-85* temps. I guess that I should be glad it is/has cooled off. BUT, a 3 day week-end doesn't come around every day, and mine was litterally "washed out". :

I'd be glad to send you all some of the rain. It was getting pretty dry around here, before this week-end.

I'm NOT looking forward to the AC bill this month !!!!!!! :eek:

aspeck

Staff member

Yes, Central PA needs the RAIN ... send it to us! Losey fireworks ... haven't gotten a decent nights sleep for a week ... brush fires started because of idiots with fireworks (even professionals) ... one of those idiots was one of our fire department members :eek:. Rain, come, so I can get a decent night's sleep!

ziggy

Admiral

i think the weather patterns have changed somehow.
in nebr. were cooler than we used to be, we get more rain, more snow.
and a few years ago we were in a drought.
maybe it's just the way the weather works. changing all the time as to where it's cool, hot, wet, snowy, windy, lateeda.. goes in cycles maybe...

fwiw, i'm tired of boating in the rain.... every darn weekend for at least the last month.. got myself soaked to the bone on the third. the boats drying now, if it don't rain, again... what a mess.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yea. We were planning on spending a couple of days on the boat and watching the fireworks from a good spot. Been raining here for days also. Didn't go out.

thurps

Chief Petty Officer

Here in Northern California It has been clear and sunny. Due to the high winds I have only been able to go out half a dozen times for short periods, over the 6 weeks the fishing season has been open. Yesterday when I checked the bouy, it was blowing 34K at 6:00 AM. Fortunately, it fineally looks like it will lay down for a while.
Happy fishing.