Waverunner III porpusing?

Steve Mahler

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have an excellent running/riding 94 Waverunner III that starts to 'bounce' at somewhere around 30 mph, even on mirror flat water. I always ride with at least one of my kids in front of me, so it is hard to greatly adjust position/weight distribution.

On these old PWCs is there anyway to adjust the angle of the nozzle or rideplate?

The Penguin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Waverunner III porpusing?

shim the rideplate with some washers or try to find an extended rideplate.

changing the intake grate to something more aggressive will help too, but may scrub a couple MPH off your top end.

skysurfer2010

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Waverunner III porpusing?

Penguin gave some good advice. Also try switching the riding position. Put your kid behind you (if they aren't too young) to try and get as much weight forward as possible.

If I remember correctly, the WRIII doesn't have trim, right? If it does, adjust it so the nose is in the down position. Adding some stainless steel washers (aka shims) on the rear bolts between the rideplate and hull might also help, although that'll scrub some speed, too. But it's a WRIII so I doubt you're after speed anyway haha. A more aggressive intake grate could also help along with an extended rideplate.

I know they also made fixed trim tabs for the older GPs. I don't think they made any for the WRIII but it wouldn't hurt to look.