waterpump tube merc 200

shelbydriver

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I noticed the water pump tube supplied has some cracks in the tip and it is a much larger diameter than the one hooked inside the motor. is variance in diameter gonna be a problem? I am running hot at high speed. <br />Tim wheaticat@aol.com

KCLOST

Commander
Re: waterpump tube merc 200

Ok Shelbydriver,<br /><br />I'm assuming that the larger tube you are talking about is about a 3-4" in white tube that came with your water pump. That is actually more of a guide tube that helps you guide the smaller diameter intake tube that goes up to the head back down onto the water pump cover. All you want to do is place this guide tube in the water pump cover exit and the intake tube will then be much easier to line up with the cover once you reinstall the lower unit... You will probably see an older guide tube still attached to the intake tube. It should be taken off or re-used.. There is a washer on the outside of the intake tube that helps keep the short guide tube from moving around, leave it on if it happens to slip off when you pull off the old guide tube (it probably won't), if it isn't there you should have a new washer with your pump kit.. Be carefull messing around with the intake tube going up to the head, I don't know how well those are fixed in place. Mine seemed to be somewhat solid. If you are talking about cracks in the actual top of the water pump cover where this white guide tube goes into, it should be replaced most definitely. I hope this helps, reply if you don't follow me.

shelbydriver

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: waterpump tube merc 200

Ok thanks for the info. I will research it some if i take it off again.