Water under deck....

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just checked under the deck through the cover where the gas tank sender is and found water there. We have had very hard rain the last several weeks, so I was expecting to see the water there. Well- how do I get it out? Something cheap or homemade I can use. The boat is a 1991 Sunbird CC.

sankanother1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water under deck....

A towel or a sponge...Just kidding. You have a few options.(1)A pump pal.it is a hand held pump.(2)A oil change system is a little fuel pump mounted on a five gallon bucket with thin tubbing attached to it.You can buy these both at the iboats store or you can make one as I did from your local cheap auto patrs store like discount orileys or pep boys,If you have an i/o you should have one anyway..It works great just run the tube down the dipsick tube and connect the wires to your battery,spin on and off your filter add oil and your done..(3) a straw..Just kidding again..good luck

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

It could be something as simple as condensation - it will go away. Hoping that your plug is removed. :confused:

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

A towel or a sponge...Just kidding. You have a few options.(1)A pump pal.it is a hand held pump.(2)A oil change system is a little fuel pump mounted on a five gallon bucket with thin tubbing attached to it.You can buy these both at the iboats store or you can make one as I did from your local cheap auto patrs store like discount orileys or pep boys,If you have an i/o you should have one anyway..It works great just run the tube down the dipsick tube and connect the wires to your battery,spin on and off your filter add oil and your done..(3) a straw..Just kidding again..good luck

I haven't heard of a "pump pal". Who sells them? Also, how did you make your pump? I've seen them, but never thought of making one.