Water Temp Sensor Wire?

kawiski

Cadet
I want to install a water temp gauge on my 1802WA with EFI 4-stroke 115 HP O/B. Does anybody know which wire would be the sensor wire (if there is any) behind the dash or at the O/B? It is disappointing that my Trophy didn't come with such a vital gauge for monitoring water temp from the factory even when today's cheapest car has one. My Trophy only has a buzzer for the warning.

If anyone has any tip on installing a water temp gauge, please give your input. Thanks in advance.

rob711

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Water Temp Sensor Wire?

i wanted to do the same thing, i know that the motor has one on it, it needs it to communicate with the electronics for the fuel injection. but i think its like a go or no go deal..not acual temp. i have the manual for the motor but i dont wanna just splice into it incase it screws up something...if u notice there are a lot of extra wires behind the dash that go no where and some are even labeled ie. wiper switch. i looked to see if i could find one that said temp gauge but no luck..someone suggested contacing trophy but i have not..please let me know if u find anything.
rob

kawiski

Cadet
Re: Water Temp Sensor Wire?

the motor has one on it, it needs it to communicate with the electronics for the fuel injection. but i think its like a go or no go deal..not acual temp.

You mean it's like ON or OFF switch, not constant monitoring? Hmm... I would think EFI system would be constantly monitoring the cooling water temp and adjust the F/A raitio accordingly. At least that's how it works on my EFI jetski. Anyway, can you describe it or, better yet, pose a photo of the wire and its vincinity at the O/B you are referring to?