Water Spouts

ricket

Cadet
Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the water spouts caused by the speedometer, fish finder transducers, etc.? I just replaced the transom on my boat and now those items are producing quite a large water spout once I go about 10 MPH or faster.
Ricket

ricket

Cadet
Re: Water Spouts

I don't think so. The lowest part of each device is fastened to the bottom of the transom hanging about 3" in the water when the boat is not moving, which places the bottom of each one about an inch or so below the bottom of the boat.
ricket

Bondo

Staff member

which places the bottom of each one about an inch or so below the bottom of the boat.

Ayuh,... My transducers only go maybe a 1/4" or less below the plane of the hull bottom....

If ya got a pitot tube speedo, pull it, 'n toss it, they're about worthless anyways...

mohead1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bond-o, I see you are a huge fan of the pitot tube speedo's.....what do you suggest as a replacement? GPS only or something? What if ya aint got GPS.....

goboating

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had that problem after I mounted my Fish Finder. I made a small deflector out of some sheetmetal and bolted it on between the hull and transducer. It extends back far enough to cover the top of the tranducer.....no more rooster tails!!!

airshot

Rear Admiral

Bond-o doesn't like pitot tube speedo's? Why? On my islander I had to replace the tube and used a clear plastic flexible piece that works great. I have compared my pressure speedo to my gps side by side, after 10mph up to 32mph the pressure unit is within 2 mph of the gps. I agree they are not perfect but the larger numbers are easier to read and it works as a quick reference to look at your performance. Besides...what would I do with that big hole in the dash if I threw it out? LOL

Airshot