Water leak under dash - Crestliner SporFish

BHT

Recruit
I recently bought a used 2003 Crestliner SportFish 1850 w/ full windshield. The last time I was out, I noticed a wet spot on the carpet,under the dash. I also noticed that the screen across the storage space (under the dash) was wet. The aluminum cable tray under the dash was also wet on the upper side. I looked a bit further up and there was what appeared to be a black tube laying against the cabling. The tube looked like it might have been attached somewhere under the dash and came loose from it's connection point.

Has anyone else ever experienced water dripping down from under the dash? The water hits a lot of cabling before it hits the floor, so this can't be a good thing. Hope someone can help me out.

Barry

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Water leak under dash - Crestliner SporFish

Betcha that is the pickup hose for the speedo come loose.

Speedo working?

BHT

Recruit

Actually, you might be right. The speedo was reading low that afternoon and I thought it was just because I was going the same direction as the wind and waves. I'll check it out. Thank you very much for your help.

B

palofmine

Recruit

My SuperHawk had same issue and it was the speedo. Happened when GPS/Sonar was connected.