Water damage to the floor - Insurance denied coverage. Should I persue?

rmurray

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Over the winter, I had my boat covered, but we got quite a bit of rain. A section of the floor at the rear of the boat collected some water which completely ruined the carpet and the wood underneath. I had been checking it as often as I could, but I just wasn't able to keep it completely dry. It doesn't look like there's damage under the floor, but this section of floor is toast. I attempted to claim it through Progresssive, but they are telling me that they won't cover it because it is considered gradual deterioration. They are also claiming that there is dry rot, which is also not covered. I'm just wondering if I should persue it since I'm guessing it will cost me over $1500 to repair. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Water damage to the floor - Insurance denied coverage. Should I persue?

Ayuh,... Boats don't Rot out, over just 1 winter....

I don't care How much it rained...

The Info to fix it is All right here at the Drydocks...

Friscoboater

Captain

Yep. It takes time to rot out like that, and water has been sitting there for a while.

rmurray

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok. I appreciate the feedback. Then it must have been deteriorating over time without me knowing. The rain this winter must have been the nail in the coffin. Thanks.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Ok. I appreciate the feedback. Then it must have been deteriorating over time without me knowing. The rain this winter must have been the nail in the coffin. Thanks.

Same boat as the Cortez boat ?? what boat .. new ?? or is this your Soft carpeted boat you threaded about in 09' ?

What boat ?

I deal with Adjusters weekly .. if they say your not covered..then you better have a better plan ( called knowing some one ) that will drive your claim through ( called fraud ) ..

I would recommend you just leave the Ins. out of this one .. Unless its a new boat .. but you already boned yourself if your talking about the same Unknown boat you have been threading about for years here on Iboats ..

YD.