Wash rack type boat "lift".

ajahman

Cadet
Hi,
I hope some of you more knowledgeable folks can help me with a project that I have in mind. I live on a saltwater creek in south Georgia that goes "dry" at low tide. By dry I mean soft "pluff mud". My boat sits in this mud about 6" and gets "pea" barnacles on the bottom below the mud line. The boat is painted with ablative anti fouling but still gets the critters on it below the mud line. I cant afford a boat lift right now but am considering building a "wash rack" type of cradle that the boat could settle on at low tide and keep the bottom out of the mud. No barnacles above the mud line ,only water scum that can be easily cleaned with a stiff brush and some elbow grease.If anyone has a link or any ideas about how this could be done I sure would appreciate any input.
Thanks.
Ajahman.

RickJ6956

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Wash rack type boat "lift".

How big is the boat? Could something like this work?

boat_cradle04.jpg

Adjuster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Wash rack type boat "lift".

I would build something using concrete parking lot curb stops or whatever their called. I would also suggest just getting a lift. Used lifts on Craigslist all the time for cheap. I am curious, how hi does the tide rise to float your boat to get in and out? What do you do if caught out on a low tide? What size boat, draft and drive is on the boat?