Warning Buzzer 1989 Sea Ray Cuddy Cruiser

IronChurch

Recruit
So after total bellows replacement, sanding and painting bottom and oil change. I go to run the boat in the drive way make sure it was good to put in the lift, I turn the key and instantly the buzzer goes off in the dash. Any suggestions???
I changed the oil from normal 10w30 oil to synthetic 10w30 but it didnt think that should have done anything. Sorry it's a 230 h/p 305

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Warning Buzzer 1989 Sea Ray Cuddy Cruiser

So after total bellows replacement, sanding and painting bottom and oil change. I go to run the boat in the drive way make sure it was good to put in the lift, I turn the key and instantly the buzzer goes off in the dash. Any suggestions???
I changed the oil from normal 10w30 oil to synthetic 10w30 but it didnt think that should have done anything. Sorry it's a 230 h/p 305

It's doing what it should be doing. With the key on and the engine is not running, there is no oil pressure. Start it up, and it will go off, or at least it should.

IronChurch

Recruit

I started it and buzzing persisted. Going to check oil and stern oil lvls

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sterndrive oil level will not cause an alarm on your drive. No switch. You have either a high temp alarm or low oil pressure alarm.

Both switches should have a tan/blue striped wire going to them. Remove one at a time to find out which is causing the alarm.