Wanted to buy ???

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice
I am relatively new to iBoats forums. Is it permissable and with in the rules of this forum to post a "Wanted To Buy" (used Garmin chartplotter) post. If not is there a place to do this here. I didn't seem to find one ??? Thanks for your help.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wanted to buy ???

Sorry ifishinri.

Our rules do not allow solicitation for any sort of personal transaction. That would include your need to find a used Garmin.

Check eBay and Craigslist.

Good luck. :)

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Wanted to buy ??? BEWARE OF SCAMS !!!

Re: Wanted to buy ??? BEWARE OF SCAMS !!!

Thanks for your reply JB,

Interesting chain of events here !! Since my initial post asking about a WTB request, I have received three emails from the United Kingdom offering to sell me "what I have asked for". None of them specifically mentioning a GPS Chartplotter , but only saying they have what I want ??? Two of them asking (one actually pushing) for me to send them my cell phone number...............

I will continue this as it developes................

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Wanted to buy ??? SCAMS Update 1/1/2010

Re: Wanted to buy ??? SCAMS Update 1/1/2010

I am now up to four people contacting me/wanting me to send them my cell phone number and/or wanting me to send money by Western Union for a Garmin Chart plotter they say they have for sale. One UK chap even has sent me an email claiming to have sent the package to a Courier for forwarding to me in the US once he has confirmation that I have sent him the $650 via Western Union (I am not THAT stupid). He even supplied a link to the courier, who by the way is based in India. I went on their website and checked delivery time and it says if they mailed it today, I would recieve it on May 1st 2010 !!!

Has anyone else experienced this SCAM ?????

Last edited: