Wakeboard Towers

bmoga

Recruit
Bought a 1993 Four Winns 230 Horizon last year and the old girl runs and looks GREAT. Family and friends tube, ski and wake/knee board every chance we get. I KNEW a wakeboard tower would be needed soon. And I think now is the time. I've looked all over, looking for the best quality for the price and I think I'm leaning towards one of the following:

Krypt Pro Air Universal Tower - NOT the "Swoop"...I like the dbl top bar of the Pro Air

Aerial Airborne Tower

Air Boom Towers - Either the 4-D, 3-D or the Fresh Air tower. Not sure which design would best fir this boat.

Fly High Pro X Wakeboar Tower

The question is...does anybody out there have any of these towers and can give me any feedback on the pros & cons. Any help is appreciated. And pics would be great. Thanks everybody.

ThreeMileBayWaker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Wakeboard Towers

I don't have any of those, but from what I have seen while reading on here is a lot of people have the Aerial towers.

Check out www.samsonsports.com These are nice towers as well, I don't know what price range you have tho.

My tower was $2k and made by Roswell.

96086342_1thumb_550x410.jpg

bmoga

Recruit

Thanks ThreeMile. I actually checked out the Samson website earlier and the tower you show looks nice, but it may be a bit too swooped for my boat design, but it does have a couple of the qualities I like (ie. windshield rail and dbl top bar).

I want a good quality tower, so I had anticipated paying over $1,400...but I'd like to try to keep it under $2K.

ThreeMileBayWaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Do you have a picture of your boat? If so post it up, maybe some others along with myself can help better suggest one that flows with your boat.

mikenbecw

Cadet

I have been looking at the Fly High Pro X as well, I don't think it is the best looking (that roswell looks sweet on your boat ThreeMile) but it is definately not the worst! I like that they feel it is strong enough to pull tubes if you want (only tower that will allow this). I have seen some places advertise it at $1699, The Footer Edge has it for $1899 but guaranteed lowest price deal. So far they seem really helpful and offer lots of info (maybe too much!).
Anybody have this tower or see it in action?

bmoga

Recruit

Here are a couple pics of my boat. I went to a couple places today to check out towers, but I don't think my mind has changed too much from the 4 that I found online and liked (above). I live in Houston, TX and there is a place I've been recommended to, called Top & Towers; but they do all custom work and it'll be about $3,400 just for the tower alone (before speakers, racks, etc).

Any advice or first-hand knowledge out there..?

Attachments

• 5.21.09 - Just bought the boat 003 (web).jpg
    5.21.09 - Just bought the boat 003 (web).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.21.09 - Just bought the boat 004 (web).jpg
    5.21.09 - Just bought the boat 004 (web).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

wired1236

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just put this one on this year...it's solid and well built, especially for the $. www.diywake.com. Great customer service. Much like the Aerial Tower so I thought you might like it too. :cool:

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sweeeet Rig... Remember to get a light of two pointed at the rear before u session!!!

My buddy has a Fourwinns and he slapped a Monster Tower MT1 on it and its super solid, flows well with the boat and he loves it. I always use the same tower and cant complain at all. I know alot is said about Monster, either good or bad, but I can vouch for them 100%, check them out!

cranca

Recruit

bmoga,

I have talked to Tops-N-Towers and they are insane expensive! Check out Millinieum Marine. They are off of Toddville Rd. They still aren't cheap but the make most of the towers you will see on the boats outside of Texas Marine on Nasa Rd. 1. I went by there place the week before last and they do awesome work. I still haven't made the jump yet myself. They said their towers are $2400 and thats hard to beat for a custom fit tower. BTW I am in Deer Park just S/E of H-Town.

ECVCHAMP

Seaman

Mine is made by Lightning here in Northern California. Great people there.test2.jpg

test3.jpg

samueleric

Recruit

My friend's boat is defiantly not a wakeboard boat but it will work for us since this is our first summer trying this sport. We are both already addicted. Since he has a '89 bayliner outboard we aren't really getting a great wake. I don't want to spend money buying a wakeboard tower but since I am a proficient welder I was thinking that I could just make one for a few hundred bucks. Anybody done this before and have plans or websites that I can browse though and get some ideas?

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check out BIGAIRPYLONS.COM they have some great towers at great prices. I had one and it was easy to install and worked great. I just ordered the VAPOR tower for my new boat and I am sure I will be very happy....

Quick question how are the Phoenix gold speakers. I see you bought the entire package. Can your boarders hear the tunes while rideing? What type of amp did you buy? Do the speakers get decent base??? Huge help

wired1236

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You can buy a more expensive speaker but for the money, you won't be disappointed. I have Focal speakers inside the boat, (which are less of name brand but are in the same class as the Infinity speakers), and they are comprable. I compaired them all at the stereo shop where my brother has worked for many years. Keep in mind you won't be able to tell much difference when your boarding between a top of the line speaker and a notched down speaker. The key is clean power.

I have them connected to a four channel JBL amp and they do rock. You can not only hear them from the board but you can also hear them from across the lake & still with good sound quality. What you power them with will determine your loudeness & quality just as much as the quality of speaker.

If you also want bass, get a sub with a separate amp. I run a 10" MTX pro connected to a matching bridged two channel JBL amp too.

Quality sound costs $$$$