vro warning buzzer

jurgenscraft

Petty Officer 1st Class
Good evening all.
I have removed the vro unit on a 225 HP evenrude motor and premix at 50:1 the problem that now exists is that after about 5minutes of running We get the no oil signal, one beep every few seconds, how can we bypass this, which wires do we have to disconect. Depending on the cost and availability of spare parts,we would like to repair the VRO unit, can any body e mail me a wiring diagram of the VRO unit just showing which wires to disconect so as to eliminate the oil warning buzzer,
I have been told that the meaning of the signals(beeps) are as follows.
small beep: KEY ON (when key is turned on)
constant beep : OVERHEATING
beep every 20 seconds: LOW OIL
every second : NO OIL

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: vro warning buzzer

If the VRO tank is disconnected, the three or four wire harness leading from the VRO pump to the main harness must also be disconnected. Both pieces should be covered to protect them.

jurgenscraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you for the reply, yes the tank is disconected but I think that the harness from the tank to the main harness might still be in place, what I will do is check up and report back, if the harness is still in place I will remove it and disconect and insulate the terminals, are there any wiring connections on the fuel/oil pump that must be disconected.
Kind regards Willian Wright.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

There are wires leading from the oil tank to the VRO2 pump and wires from the VRO2 Pump to the main harness.

Don't cut the wires. Follow the wires to the small, half round harness plug and disconnect it. Then put a light sealer over the plug ends so that they can be reused if you desire.​