VP top mounted control instructions

tstewart1

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,

I have the following control head:

3849408 - iboats

The port side throttle sticks when shifting in/out of gear (difficult to get in/out of gear, smooth throttle). I wanted to disconnect the shifting cable from the control to see if it was the cable or the handle but I can't figure out how to take it apart. I have little to no access from underneath so I can't tell if there are bolts underneath that mount the control unit to the fiberglass. Does the plastic housing snap on (can it be pryed off) or is it screwed from underneath? Anyone have a installation manual for this control head?

Thanks

Tim

kelleyja

Seaman
Re: VP top mounted control instructions

That's a Teleflex SL-3. There's a thread with the docs here

Yes there's just a plastic cover that needs to be preyed off. The cover mounts with 4 screws.

tstewart1

Seaman Apprentice

Perfect, just what I needed. Thank you.

Tim

Yes there's just a plastic cover that needs to be preyed off. The cover mounts with 4 screws.

Thalasso

Commander

Not to hijack the thread but i have sorta the same question.

You say the cover just pry's off and then say there is 4 screws. Does the screws hold the cover on. the reason i ask is i need to adjust my friction screw for the Stbd throttle.

I read the link that kelleyja put up but didn't see anything mentioned about the cover.

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member

Not to hijack the thread but i have sorta the same question.

You say the cover just pry's off and then say there is 4 screws. Does the screws hold the cover on. the reason i ask is i need to adjust my friction screw for the Stbd throttle.

I read the link that kelleyja put up but didn't see anything mentioned about the cover.

Ayuh,.... The plastic covers just snaps on,...

The 4 screws hold the controller to the boat,...