VP 380 wont has fire, fuel wont start

'13 VP380-c-b. sn- A236912 6.0liter. had sensor on exhaust manifold pop out, poured water everywhere on port side of engine, bilge had water up to starter, engine died and wont restart.
I immediately cleaned w fresh water and corrosion x. about a week went by, I replaced broken sensor in manifold. Still no start. I've replace crankshaft pos. sens., camshaft pos. sensor, starter motor(was flooded). Also replaced ECM and spark plugs. Every coil has fire, fuel pressure 52lbs and plugs are wet after cranking. I hear the fuel pump on start up. 120psi compression. Has fire, fuel and compression, still no start. Any solid advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Bein' a computer controlled motor, I guess a scan is up next,......

Toddavid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 380-C-D, and I currently have a no-start situation, too. Crank and no fire after a stall. Starting scan tool diagnostics this week, will keep you posted.

Your original failure sounds like a plastic coolant temp sensor fitting failed. FYI, there is a factory recall for those, so you should replace both banks with the upgraded metal ones. Double check, but I think you need the following to upgrade:

qty 2 983198
qty 2 22372809

alldodge

Staff member
Every coil has fire, fuel pressure 52lbs and plugs are wet after cranking

Every coil is sending spark to the plugs, and the plugs a wet with gas

Make sure its gas and not water

Toddavid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For what it’s worth, I was able to get my engine to fire by doing an oil change. The original issue is still there, a bad misfire condition when warm, and that apparently was causing a lot of unburned fuel to accumulate in the oil to the point where there was not sufficient oil pressure during cranking.

I need to still find the root cause of the misfire but fyi on oil pressure being a factor in engine firing.

Don’t forget that ignition and fuel pump each have their own fuses and relays located in the black block on top of the fuel pump (starboard side of engine towards bow).