Vinyl Upholstery Question

rverano

Cadet
Help! I'm replacing the vinyl on my fishing boat. Some of the pieces were secured with snaps with screw in them. They were covered with snap buttons that matched the vinyl. I haven't been able to find anyone who has these snap buttons. Or, is there another way to secure these pieces and cover the snap? Where can I get em?

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Vinyl Upholstery Question

I get the parts you are referring to at a local hardware store. I think they are called screw caps. The 'snap' is the bottom half of the assembly and the 'button' is the top. You could also use a finish washer and screw for fastening upholstery. The screw head would show but it would be flush with the top of the washer. These are also available at hardware stores, the kind that have rows and rows of screws and fasteners, etc.

D

DJ

I found them at a local fabric store. They were about $0.10 each and came in assorted colors.<br /><br />I ended up painting some of mine.

Ralph 123

Captain

eBay - search boating section for "snaps" and you'll find complete kits cheap.

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class

You should be able to find these at any upholstery shop. I got the kind that snap over a scrap of the fabric on the "cap" end, which in turn snaps over the screw/finish washer. This makes for a neat and simple installation that looks professional. Simple, easy & cheap.