Vinyl or carpet

Ho daddy

Cadet
JUST ABOUT TO SCREW DOWN THE (treated) FLOORING ON MY PONTOON BOAT BUT THE FINISH ON THE PLYWOOD IS QUITE ROUGH,WILL THIS EFFECT THE ADHESION OF THE GLUE TO VINYL AND WILL THE GLUE ADHERE TO A TREATED SURFACE.YOUR THOUGHTS APPRECIATED.......

THX ho daddy

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Vinyl or carpet

With the proper glue, the vinyl will adhere to the treated rough plywood with no noticable effects.

Post pictures when complete.

a1nowell

Chief Petty Officer

Be sure and put something between the treated plywood and your aluminum. The treated plywood will cause aluminum to corrode.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

Be sure and put something between the treated plywood and your aluminum. The treated plywood will cause aluminum to corrode.
YES and make sure whatever you use will last. Glue doesn't stick to treated unless it is very dry. If it is fresh PT wait awhile or seal it first with PT sealer.

The Rooster

Ensign

YES and make sure whatever you use will last. Glue doesn't stick to treated unless it is very dry. If it is fresh PT wait awhile or seal it first with PT sealer.

+1 for "MinUph's" comments. I've made that mistake before !!!

Ho daddy

Cadet

thanks for your replys and yes I have put buffers inbetween my decking and cross members,something my supplier didn't warn me about that I learned from this site!!

thx ho daddy