Very bad morning

thekingrancher

Seaman Apprentice
Well i headed out this morning at 5:45 was fishing by 7:00 and by 7:15 i had hooked a nice striper probably about 8lbs. i fight him and wear him out(so i think) get him up beside the boat and WHAM!!! takes off for one more run and breaks my line, leaving my new $18.00 lure stuck in his jaw! god i was pissed, i tried all my other top water baits i had and nothing else it. so i try the crappie, caught a few, along with some white perch, and small channel cats, i decide to see whats underneath a hanging tree limb so i put on a bright orange bobber and minnow, and toss it, set it down to get me a little chew, i look for the bobber, it's gone, so i start reeling my little ultralite in, and finally get the line tight, the drag starts singing, i'm all excited and scared too, i mean this fish is big, and i have an ultralite with 4lbs line, i play him for about 10 min, and get this super nice channel up, looked to be around 10lbs, he slaps his fat tail at me breaks my line with no effort and was gone. i guess he was the one playing me all along. :rolleyes:

mountainboy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Very bad morning

Doesn't sound like too bad of a day except for losing your lure. Like gaugeguy, I've been stuck at work all day.

thekingrancher

Seaman Apprentice

yeah i take off every wed. morning and i'm trapped at work now, but all i can think about is "god those would have been good pictures"

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

;) Yeah but you still have the good memories,and stories that can,t be beat.All and all I would say you had an excellent day. :) :)

rwise

Captain

and,,,,,<br />a bad day fishing is better than a good day working!

aspeck

Staff member

THose are the type of bad mornings I love!