Venture Trailers

heatherjoy

Seaman Apprentice
I am buying a brand new Tohatsu 40 hp from my local dealer, he also sells Venture trailers.<br /><br />I looked at these and found he has 2 basic models, the one that fits my 15' boat that weighs 900-1000lbs with gear, is the VB-1100.<br /><br />This is a bunk trailer rated at 16 feet/1100 lbs.<br /><br />Here is the picture of it: http://www.venturetrailers.com/trailer_images/VB-1100.jpg <br /><br />My dealer wants $589 for it.<br /><br />Does this seem like a decent trailer and a decent price? I do a lot of salt water boating and my steel trailer needs to be sanded and painted every year, and to be honest I dont trust its strength.<br /><br />This will add roughly $15 to the outboards payment a month so I figure it is a great time to upgrade the trailer too.<br /><br />Thoughts? Thanks to all!

one more cast

Captain
Re: Venture Trailers

Heather, I have that trailer and it works ok but It is hard to load the boat back on. I built guides but it is still hard to hit the front roller. This summer i am going to ad some walk platforms and see if that helps.It tows nice,I pulled it from Maryland to upstate NY with an s-10 with ease. web page

heatherjoy

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you for the reply!! I was wondering if that front roller was going to be a problem or not, I do have a set of 4' guide ons that are on the trailer we currently have that we will swap, however I think maybe we would try to add another roller or something to try to eliminate a problem (if there is even one to start with on our boat)<br /><br />I cant load that picture, is your boat a V-Hull?<br /><br />Thanks again for the reply!

one more cast

Captain

the link should work now, the boat is a 16' fisher marine semi flat bottom alum. bass boat with a 35 johnson.

crab bait

Captain

i have 2 nissans 8 hp & 40 hp.. both motors not nary a tool touched them for the first year.. right out the box.. never ever had a tool adjust or do anythin'.. <br /><br />i have 2 ventures.. good trailers but havta 'doctor' it up alittle.. extra roller here or there, ect.. but reckon you'd have to do it to all others,anyhow..

CooperClaude

Recruit

The price , after looking at it, is a bit low compared to around here. I fish both freshwater and salt water. After becoming a Master Painter(on boat trailers) I finally broke down and bought a galvinzed one. You'll still have to wash it as soon as leaving water but its a lot better than paint. As for fit, so forth, you may look into changing to roller bunks with side guides attached to trailer. A walkway on front of trailer is a must if you go fishing in cold. Again, all this is slanted with a deep south view.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

This trailer seems to be all bolted -- no welding. I'm not fond of that construction technique as there are lots of points that can come loose and need attention. Price seems reasonable though.

GlasV162

Petty Officer 1st Class

The main thing to look for on a trailer isn't the brand name, but how it's constructed. Is it a "box" frame, or a "c-channel" frame? Big difference here. On a box-frame, you can only see the outside of the frame, and have no assurance that the inside walls of the frame are galvanized all the way through. If any water gets inside the frame and there was a flaw in the galvanizing process, your trailer will rust from the inside out. A C-Channel frame, however, has all sides exposed so you can actually see whether or not the frame is coated all the way around. My trailer is made of a c-channel frame; at 30 years old, it's not very pretty, but it's solid, reliable, and, I repeat, 30 years old and going strong.

Hello, My name is jason and i work at Marine Venture. I personally build the trailers and have to say each trailer it build to the best quality. You can contact a dealer or Venture and talk to someone about personalizing your own trailer. i know this forum is old but if your looking for a new trailer we have many new models for any boat. Take a look on the webstie( www.venturetrailers.com/ ) or get your hands on a catalog today!

fishnut45

Recruit
Re: Venture Trailers Light brackets Keep breaking off

Re: Venture Trailers Light brackets Keep breaking off

I own 2008 Series model VAB-3350 .I Tow A 2006 Nautic Star 2110 Bay.With dry weight @ 1550 ,F115 Four stroke And full tank of fuel I would put this boat @ around 2550 Or more With Tackle And Trolling Motor, Four Batteries.
Did the Dealer Sell Me A trailer that is to small for this boat.

Now the Other issue is I Have gone through now four sets of lights,two liscense plates And the light brackets keep breaking off at the bolts .
Is anyone having this problem?It's getting a little tired.