Vapor separator drain screw

themacdadt

Cadet
2006 75 hp Optimax . I pulled both thedrain screws on the vapor separator to remove any water/contaminets, the o rings where not on the screws. Screwed both back in when I was done and the filter side sealed with no leaks, but the float chamber side will not seal I keep getting a trickle out of the drain. So my question is ....are the orings supposed to be on the screw or are they known to come off the screw and stay in the housing of the separator? What can I do to get this screw to seal?

Last edited:

themacdadt

Cadet
By the looks of the parts diagram the o ring looks like it sets before the threads starts and the drain hole looks to be before the threads stat also. So I don't think the threads are the issue. I guess I can plug the drain outlet and not worry about it, or get another oring. I'm just wondering where the o ring is that was in it.

Bondo

Staff member
By the looks of the parts diagram the o ring looks like it sets before the threads starts and the drain hole looks to be before the threads stat also. So I don't think the threads are the issue. I guess I can plug the drain outlet and not worry about it, or get another oring. I'm just wondering where the o ring is that was in it.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... If there's supposed to be an o-ring, 'n there Ain't,... Get 1,....

It mighta been lost before, if it ain't hung up in the hole,...