Value Of Boat < or > A decent Motorcycle

DLB68

Cadet
Im tossing this thought around ..dont know if this thought is worth hanging onto or not .. would this old boat be usable as a trade in for a newer motorcycle . dont know if dealers do this sort of trade in .. what could the boats value actualy be . tranpertation cost, living cost , 3 teen agers in the house . just dont know which buget to cut anymore lol any thoughts ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OxnPFbscTA

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Value Of Boat < or > A decent Motorcycle

It's a very specialized market. There really aren't that many people looking for late 50s fin boats, and they're looking for some particular one, in almost every case.

Value? It depends a lot on condition, how a restoration was done, and many other factors. It's less than you'd think, though, really.

It turns out that boats like that show up all the time on Craig's List in many parts of the country. Here in Minnesota, I've seen about four of them this month.

I doubt that any motorcycle dealer would be interested. Too hard to figure a value. You might, however, find someone who would be interested as a private party. But "decent" motorcycles generally sell for a lot more than 50s fin boats, no matter who they were made by.

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

Motorcycle dealers are hurting this year as well as a lot of boat dealers, I don't think you could get a deal there unless the dealer owner fell in love with the boat.

I have a 2008 20+ thousand dollar Harley I would love to trade for a boat of the same year and value-

Just thought I would throw that in :p

tawood

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sell the boat outright...buy the bike outright. Done.

But personally, after the day I've had, I would keep the boat (I had to ride my cycle through a hail storm today).

DLB68

Cadet

Many Thanks for the return thoughts .In my life of robbing Pete to pay Paul .. i often find that Pete won't cover the cost of paying Paul . I Guess i will throw a sign up and post the old love affair for sale .Rome wasn't built in a day , and i guess toting another note wouldn't kill me . Not that i appreciate the interest rate that is added to the bill , lol
Again Many Thanks