Update on Tyme's health issues

Tyme2fish

Commander
Good news from the vascular surgeon this morning. He said things were looking good, I was healing rapidly,and the prognosis is good.
I had my questions answered and yes, I had a "three for one" procedure this last surgery.
The staples were removed and some super glue applied. Fourteen staples on the left and 15 staples on the right. I already feel a lot better along the incision sites.

He has ordered a CAT scan in three months to look at some possible problems but he's not alarmed.

Looks like I'll be able and ready to fish Lake Barkley this spring for the crappie spawn.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concern.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I find it curious how not even knowing someone except for what they post online; and I still wondered today as to how you were doing. hmmmmmmmm great news :joyous:

Tyme2fish

Commander
I find it curious how not even knowing someone except for what they post online; and I still wondered today as to how you were doing. hmmmmmmmm great news :joyous:

Life is weird, isn't it? Thanks for the thoughts.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Great new Tyme. And if I don't get my boat project finished in time for the spring crappie spawn, catcht a few for me. :thumb:

aspeck

Staff member
Let's go fishing! With the way the weather has been here, it is time to go walleye fishing ...

southkogs

Staff member
Great news Tyme. Congratulations, and many wishes for a "even-better-than-expected" recovery.

Tyme2fish

Commander
I tried to split a hard piece of firewood with my 8lb wedge maul. The piece had a knot at the end and I darn near split an incision as opposed to splitting the wood! :eek: I ain't gonna do that again anytime soon. Not to worry, all is well.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Great to hear you're on the mend. I know it'a hard to take it easy, but as you know, you don't want to take any steps backward. I was shoveling (too soon?) after a double bypass - that got my neighbor there in a hurry (good folks). Wishing you continued good health in the new year, and beyond!

Tyme2fish

Commander
Shoveling after a double bypass?:eek: I don't and won't shovel.:) I'm sure chainsaws and splitting mauls can get me into enough trouble.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
The way the weather is here in the Miami of the North, last night was the first time any shoveling was needed since last spring. Wish I had an outboard closer to home, I'd be out on the water

southkogs

Staff member
Yeah Tyme ... I had to learn that lesson too. When they tell ya' to sit for a few days, they mean it.

Drives ya' nuts though, right?

Tyme2fish

Commander
Drives ya' nuts though, right?

Not quite as bad as the pirate.

So, a pirate walks into a bar. Looks like the quintessential pirate -- peg leg, hook on one hand, eye patch, the whole nine yards. In addition to all this, he's got a steering wheel hanging from the fly of his pants. He walks up to the bar, and orders a whiskey. The bartender pours the pirate a glass, and says to him "I don't want to offend, but I thought you should know -- you've got a steering wheel attached to your fly." The pirate nods his head, and says:
"Arrrgh, I know. And it's driving me nuts."

Last edited by a moderator:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I like the one where he's asked "how'd ya get the patch?"
Pirate says, "a seagull pooped in me eye the day after I got me hook!!"

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
I tried to split a hard piece of firewood with my 8lb wedge maul. The piece had a knot at the end and I darn near split an incision as opposed to splitting the wood! :eek: I ain't gonna do that again anytime soon. Not to worry, all is well.

I'm an hour and half from Lake Barkley, you should have called.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
Great to hear you're on the mend. I know it'a hard to take it easy, but as you know, you don't want to take any steps backward. I was shoveling (too soon?) after a double bypass - that got my neighbor there in a hurry (good folks). Wishing you continued good health in the new year, and beyond!

Two weeks after a hip replacement we had a ice storm, I was outside with a walker, my neighbor said are you nuts? I said no...I have six legs you only have two.

Tyme2fish

Commander
Another Update: Went to my family doctor yesterday and got more good news. He was pleased and surprised that I've lost 27 pounds since I saw him in September. Triglycerides went down from 207 to 140 and my A1c went down from 5.8 to 5.3

5.3 is a reading for normal non-diabetics.

I guess I'll credit fish oil capsules and non consumption of alcohol to the decrease in the triglycerides. I've also forsaken biscuits and sausage gravy with fried eggs to nasty tasting oatmeal for most breakfasts.

My goal is to lose another 20 pounds by May.