Update on my dirt cheap Donzi

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class
original post and imfo on the boat can be found here. "whole hull covered with spider cracks"

so i've been runnin her steady since i got her and im totally in love.:redface: smoked the alternator on July 3rd night and found a place open on July 4th! (thanx Bargain Bilge in Patchogue!) i also replaced the bilge pump do to sticking float switch. i learned how everything works as well. windlass is awesome!!!!! replaced light pole and socket. replaced horn. replaced cockpit wet bar faucet. mounted my GPS and BBQ. she needs a new $300 attwood 6 gallon water heater but i think there's room for the 11 gallon. :D i tell ya shore power and a galley cannot be beat! my wife's a little pissed cause i basically moved onto the boat! she really runs awesome and the bravo 3 duo prop drive makes her FAST and EXTREMELY easy to maneuver and dock. oil is full and gold and drive oil is full and green. temp and oil pressure have been perfect. im sittin here waitin for fedex with my new bimini. so far i spent about $1000 on top of paying $3200. batteries, alternator, bilge pump, faucet, horn, lightpole & socket and a bimini. everyone says i could triple my money easy but that's not gonna happen. shes my girl now and basically everything i want in a boat.

Kracken

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Update on my dirt cheap Donzi

Congrats Scutly.

You got the steal of the year, nice boat.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Man...that's just an awesome find! She looks like a really nice boat!

E_S_A_D

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congratulations, beautiful boat. That's a boat you just hang onto for many years... maybe name it 'Feeling Lucky'.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Well I missed your first thread and all I can say is I am not happy for you at all, I am an envious little ship, and wish to flyin' flip that I stumbled across that. Puuuuurrrrrfect. Not only is she mechanically sound, seems to be very clean and well maintained, she's gorgeous. Flip, phat, frick, frig. GRRRRRRRRR. OK, I'm a little happy for you now that I got that out of my system . . . :D

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

WOW, I am super jealous, you have the same amount into you boat that I do.
Congrats

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Photos please!!

Once again congrats.

mxzeatr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great find and what an amazing deal!

I paid just over $3200 for my boat that I bought this spring. Glad its all working out for you!

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

Absolutely amazing, to say the least! Congrats ten-fold!

The question is; what about the crazing on the blue section? What have you found out about that?

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Absolutely amazing, to say the least! Congrats ten-fold!

The question is; what about the crazing on the blue section? What have you found out about that?

lol i cant see it from inside the boat! i havnt really given it a second thought. you gotta get close to see it and from 5 feet away shes freekin mint lookin!

heres some pics of the bimini installed

0708001226.jpg

0708001238.jpg

0708001238b.jpg

0708001301.jpg

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

That is one sweet boat scutly....definitely the find of the year and possibly century getting that kinda rig for that amazing price in that quality condition.

I'm with QC, a little envious but since she's bigger than my needs on a small lake and I bought one brand new 6 weeks ago that fits perfect, I'll put my envy aside.

Congrats....she's beautiful.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

ya baaaarstard!... what a find !!! ya lucky baaaarstard !

reap182

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Awesome dude.....congrats

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanx everyone for the congrats! i took the day off to take my wife , son and his girlfriend out for a bbq lunch on the boat then were goin to the Met game tonight!

spikeitaudi

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanx everyone for the congrats! i took the day off to take my wife , son and his girlfriend out for a bbq lunch on the boat then were goin to the Met game tonight!

Hope the weather holds out for you I know they are calling for rain on and off all day.

evilnss

Seaman

I just got done reading your threads! Damn man, did u buy a lottery ticket on the day you found it!? What a great deal! Im glad it has turned out to really be a diamond in the rough!