Update: 5.7L MC Bluewater FWC temp creeping high on plane, read tons of posts.

rothfm

Ensign
Thanks Tony and BigJim.....

My Brother brought this Boat in from out of state, over the winter. However, The marina Service dept had done all the work since new, and we have very detailed written reports on everything. And they got the PO for everything, trust me. Spend a ton of money on Maintenance.

We havent taken off the Risers to inspect, but will be replacing them this fall. Was wierd it ran the same way (using dash guages) taking the stat totally out! Not much difference. Thats why we are getting a direct connect guage.

I realize one engine can run a bit differently than the other, and each riser can vary a bit too. After the work we have done, both seem to be similar, taking in the fact the Port has a line that goes 20ft up the boat to the water heater, and probably cools off the water some.

We are getting a quality mechanical guage and capillary hose kit, that will tell us alot. Mercruiser highly recommended that. Its quite possible our restricted intakes solved the initial issue, but we have crappy Guages and senders. My IR gun on the last 3k RMP run showed each T-stat housing similar at 160-180 Depending on where the laser spot was pointed.

My other thought was that it might be possible that the semi-clogged (barnicles) thru-hull intakes, affected the raw impellers by wearing them due to less water flow?? Dunno, but something I've read. Its on the list.

Like my first post said, I'm an outboard guy trying to help on this issue...I have learned so much from playing with the Motors, and this Forum. Thanks to all the helpful folks that go our of their way to assist.

I will update until resolved, so it may help others. The boat is about 1hr away , so I cant easily run down to it. But will soon.

Last edited: