Unloading pontoon ??????

krampechris

Cadet
i am having trouble getting my 1993 24 foot party barge off the trailer the trailer is a 2008 yacht club when I try to come off the v on the bow of this pontoon wants to hang on the winch stand any help will be very helpful as I am new to pontoons thanks I have attached a few pictures of the boat on the trailer pb3.jpg pb4.jpg pb1.jpgpb2.jpg

krampechris

Cadet
well I have tried to pull it up then it seems like it wont come off the trailer its kinda like I have to be about that deep to get it floating a little to slide off but I will try next time for sure

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Launch boat.... Park trailer..... Allow bunks to completely dry..... Soak bunks down with silicone spray lube... Again allow to dry..... The boat will now load and launch much easier.....

Also you could consider bunk slicks....

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Don't think it's a matter of backing in too deep. It sounds (and looks) like the trailer doesn't fit the boat quite right. Please post a couple of pics from the ground looking up at the bottom (underneath).

BillP

Captain
The vee bow certainly does pose a problem for you. Pontoon boat trailers with full length vee bunks don't slide easy matter how you do it. Maybe you could lower the winch stand enough to clear the bow and still use the upright stops. I had a straight bow pontoon boat with the same setup but it cleared ok. It had to be floated off and on except for the last few inches pulling it out of the water to snug it down. It may be time to take it to a welding shop and have it custom welded for a vee shape. Of course a sawsall would make fast removal of the vee bow if you you are inclined to do trim work.

Illinoid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have sort of the same problem, the front of my logs catch on the support between my bunks. I have to back in til the bunks are totally submerged and I can float the boat on or off. If my bunks were slicker I could probably go in much shallower so that the boat would be more parallel to the trailer as it loads.