Unknown Boat Project

Racer57

Seaman Apprentice
Found the attached boat in my father-in-laws shop. 16 ft long with a 6 ft beam. All wood construction. Any idea what type of boat this is or what it might be worth in this condition.

Also found a 25' long mast hanging in the overhead of his shop. Any chance he might have thought to use the mast for the above boat, or is it too large for that size boat?

Attachments

• photo216661.jpg
    photo216661.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo216662.jpg
    photo216662.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I'd be asking any relatives if he has the plans anywhere,or maybe they are in the shop someplace. That would be a good project to finish and keep his history alive.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I also agree with grub1&2 above. Obviously it wasn't a design as you go project. So somewhere there has to be a set of plans. And those plans will most likely have the info you're looking for on them.

Ned L

Commander
Ok,... It is not really a boat yet. What you have there is a backbone (stem, keel batten, transom, and a few frames). Most of what you see in the picture is the building jig (molds and ribbands). In the current state, honestly you world be lucky to find someone to pass it off to for free.

It looks like it might be a sailboat (given the beam). About 5% of one. A 25' mast would be too large.

Last edited: