Umm little help?

boatingbob

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My question is, Has anyone heard of a boat company called Dart? I have a 13' 7" fiberglass closed bow boat that has a plate on the dash that says "Dart" on it. I would like to find out info on this boat so I can do a resto mod on the boat keep it vintage looking yet stylish. I have a 1962 40 hp Johnson on it. the motor it came with was a 1964 28 hp johnson. Basically I would like some pics or info on this boat so I can se what the seats looked like, paint windshield etc. any help would be great.

boatingbob

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Umm little help?

rickdb1boat said:
Did you see this: Don't know if this is the same company...

http://www.geocities.com/s274828/DartBoatCompany.html ] Click Here [/url]

Those are very nice boats but unfortunatly mine is a dingy off white fiberglass boat that I believe is a 60's model, it looks like it used to have a windshield and there is also a chrome design thing by the stern that I think said explorer, so a Dart boat model explorer? I don't know I would really like to get this boat back in shape, mor eof a challenge then anything. I was told it was garbage by friends and family I baught it for $100 with the 28 hp motor. it's like the boat everyone gave up on. I like it and with the 40 hp on it and some water in the belly it hit 28 mph with me 180Lbs the battery and 2/3 tank of fuel.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

who cares about what others think. if i like it i buy it. they don't have any taste anyway. like it was said, i assume i does not have a hull number on the stearn.

boatingbob

Petty Officer 3rd Class

tashasdaddy said:
who cares about what others think. if i like it i buy it. they don't have any taste anyway. like it was said, i assume i does not have a hull number on the stearn.

Nope no numbers on it anywhere, it might have at one point but I think someone has painted it in the past so if there was they might have been removed.