UK Version of Sea Foam

Biggles

Seaman
Okay this has probably been asked before, but I've done a search and sure as hell can't see it.<br /><br />What is Sea Foam called in the UK ? Anybody know.

Biggles

Seaman
Re: UK Version of Sea Foam

Very Funny.<br /><br />You should try some sometime, beats that stuff you call beer in the US.

butlp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Biggles (great name),<br /><br />You may have a problem finding Sea Foam in the UK, but Yamaha has a product called Combustion Chamber Cleaner that effectively is the same thing and should be available from a Yamaha dealer.

Biggles

Seaman

Cheers 'Lost Canadian'<br /><br />I found this stuff on Wynoils UK web site so I'm going to hunt it down.<br /><br />COMBUSTION CHAMBER AND VALVE CLEANER<br /><br />Petrol Engine<br />325ml can, part number 63844 <br />Softens and removes carbon residues from combustion chamber walls, vales and piston rings<br /><br />Restores compression and valve operation<br /><br />Prevents running - on and pinking<br /><br />Also they got this other stuff which looks promising.<br /><br />AIR INTAKE AND CARBURETTOR CLEANER AEROSOL<br /><br />500ml aerosol, part number 54179<br /><br />CARBURETTOR CLEANER LIQUID<br /><br />Petrol Engine<br />325ml can, part number 71854<br /><br />Dissolves gum, varnish and deposits in the carburettor and air intake system without dismantling<br /> :eek:

phatmanmike

Captain

every manufacture, be it evinrude, johnson, mercury, yamaha, suzuki, honda, nissan, tohatsu, WHO EVER, has their own verison. its all the same crap. go to your closest outboard dealer and ask for one!

SimonC

Cadet

You can easily get hold of Quiksilver Power Tune, I tried with a very positive effect. <br />The only thing to remember is that when you fire the motor up again make sure it's in a very well ventilated area - the smoke is incredible and the oily gunk that comes out made a fine mess of my garage door!

gss036

Commander

If you use the small tank method on a 2 stroke & you premix your gas, make sure you put 3 oz TCW3 per gallon of gas to make sure you are getting the needed lube so you don't scuff the cylinder walls.

stant1man

Petty Officer 1st Class

Biggles, i notice your in the UK. Scotland?