UFP (Trailer Buddy) Model A-60 Actuator Please Help

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys I have a 2008 Tahoe Q4 and my brake safty chian got pulled by the truck a little (don't ask :facepalm:) pulled it a good ways out. I have done some research and found out its a UFP Model A-60 w/ trailer buddy. They say there is suppose to be a indicater bead and a clip they would have broke when the truck pulled on it. I'm trying to retract the chain but I don't see a bead or a place to retract it.

The brakes work and or not locked up because this happen 3 weeks ago and we have takien the boat out twice since then....

Has anyone had this problem or could help me out?

David

Thalasso

Commander
Re: UFP (Trailer Buddy) Model A-60 Actuator Please Help

Hey guys I have a 2008 Tahoe Q4 and my brake safty chian got pulled by the truck a little (don't ask :facepalm:) pulled it a good ways out. I have done some research and found out its a UFP Model A-60 w/ trailer buddy. They say there is suppose to be a indicater bead and a clip they would have broke when the truck pulled on it. I'm trying to retract the chain but I don't see a bead or a place to retract it.

The brakes work and or not locked up because this happen 3 weeks ago and we have takien the boat out twice since then....

Has anyone had this problem or could help me out?

David
[PDF]

Can't seem to get the web page for you but this is the site i got some info from on pg 8-16. Google this. It will have a pic for you to look at.
UFP Model A-60 w/ trailer buddy owners manual
Trailer Info - Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site

To reset the breakaway cable should it become activated, with the
actuator fully extended, push up on the tab located under the
actuator behind the ball socket. This will allow the cable to retract
into the actuator and release the trailer brakes

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

To reset the breakaway cable should it become activated, with the
actuator fully extended, push up on the tab located under the
actuator behind the ball socket. This will allow the cable to retract
into the actuator and release the trailer brakes

Thats what the manuel said to do and I have tried that over and over and even try to pry it like the manuel said....

Thalasso

Commander

Thats what the manuel said to do and I have tried that over and over and even try to pry it like the manuel said....

I guess it probably needs to be taken apart to some extent to see how the safety cable is being affected that you cant reset it. Does the cover come off so you can access the underside?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

The cable connects to a bracket on the brake cylinder. The bead keeps the cylinder in the locked position until released. If the brake isn't locked, you must have broken the cable off inside the coupler. Easy fix but you’ll most like need to remove the coupler to repair

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The cable connects to a bracket on the brake cylinder. The bead keeps the cylinder in the locked position until released. If the brake isn't locked, you must have broken the cable off inside the coupler. Easy fix but you’ll most like need to remove the coupler to repair

How hard will it be for me to take the actuator apart? And do you think I really need to mess with it since the trailer is working? I know thats not the safest thing but I don't want to mess nothing else up if its going to be hard taking it apart?

Thalasso

Commander

How hard will it be for me to take the actuator apart? And do you think I really need to mess with it since the trailer is working? I know thats not the safest thing but I don't want to mess nothing else up if its going to be hard taking it apart?

HOW TO INSTALL THE BREAKAWAY CABLE CLIP
The breakaway cable clip is installed on the breakaway cable to prevent inadvertent
pressurization of trailer breaks if cable is lightly pulled accidentally. Should the
breakaway cable be pulled, during emergency situations, the clip will be destroyed. The
breakaway system must be reset by pushing up on the tab located under coupler and
the clip must be replaced.If pushing up on the bracket dose not release the brakes or if it is hard to push, insert a
pry bar into the 5/16” hole behind the bracket. Use pry bar to push stroke rod backwards
to relieve load on bracket. Push up on bracket and hold up while releasing pry bar.

Google this and look at pg 26 and page #7
Owners Manual A-60, 75 & 84:Owners Manual A-60, 75 & 84 on this web page. For some reason i can't get the link to work
www.trailmastertrailers.com/.../UFP Actuator Maintenance.pd...

To install clip, open latch handle and pull enough cable out of coupler body to make
installation of clip easier. Clip must be installed on cable in front of indicator bead