Tubing Question ?

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Which area do we post questions for tubing and water toys? I thought it might be under inflatables but that seems to be inflatable boats. Just wondering about rope types and lengths.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tubing Question ?

here or the watersking forum bud

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

rope lenght is about 75'. I bought a rope specifically for towables.

204 Escape

Ensign

I myself would buy a rope with the "bungee" in it. We have one that we got at BASS PRO, and it really works well. Just my $0.02

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just for the newbies, I bought a 60' rope before reading this and it is a little to short. I will be going to a 75' rope for sure. My bandwagon 1+1 says not to use a bungee rope but I don't know why. Does anyone know why it would be an issue?

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class

IMG_0196.jpgWhere can I find a 75ft. tow rope? All I can find at Cabelas, Bass Pro and online are 60ft. It's just to short and I can,t keep the kids in the middle.

Samvq1

Seaman

60 ft seems to be the standard towable tow rope length. I haven't looked to hard but i don't think I have ever seen one any longer. A standard ski rope is 75 ft. A ski rope will sometimes have sections that allow it to be shortened. As far as keeping tubes in the middle good luck. After a good whip if the riders aren't heavy enough to create some momentum to come back inside the wake the tube will just hang out outside the wake until you whip it the other way.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

60 ft seems to be the standard towable tow rope length. I haven't looked to hard but i don't think I have ever seen one any longer. A standard ski rope is 75 ft. A ski rope will sometimes have sections that allow it to be shortened. As far as keeping tubes in the middle good luck. After a good whip if the riders aren't heavy enough to create some momentum to come back inside the wake the tube will just hang out outside the wake until you whip it the other way.

yeah buddy!

southkogs

Staff member

My kids are all lightweights and even my 16yo won't center in when towed on a tube. The adults come back in the wake fairly easily, but I've even had them stuck outside of it for a while. I don't know that 10' or so of rope would help it out like it would skiing.