Trucks getting sideways............

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Then why did you keep watching?:rolleyes:

The heat races weren't overly exciting, the main was good........ I like that they stepped out of the box and took a chance with dirt. Seems most people like it..... Now if a person wasn't a truck fan to begin with, it wouldn't matter what they ran on, they still would be dissatisfied......JMO

Well.......... cause there was nothing better on tv......hence the decision to run it on a Wednesday night, Usually the truck racing is the most exciting of Nascar's top three...I just think it is a marketing gimmick and a good payday for Stewart.

Go watch a super modified race and tell me that spectacle Wed. was anywhere near exciting.........Now put those same drivers IN a super modified car and you would surely have excitement.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Considering that the trucks race on dirt once a year and few drivers have much dirt experience, it was pretty good. If they had a dirt truck series, it would be as good as super mods or sprints. And Shrubby would have a chance to break his leg like Tony in the sprints. Where was the Twerp last night - Afraid of getting a little dirty?

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
I think the twerp was with the rest of the cup drivers.......staying clear of racing on dirt with race cars with chassis not built for dirt........That would have been an oppurtunity just to look bad imo

Maybe next year they will throw in a ice race or maybe pikes peak...........who knows

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If they could get viewership and dollars they would race on anything. It's all about the dollar like anything else........

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
You are correct.......... that is why they didn't have the prelude to the dream race last year or this year........the trucks took that spot.

Petty Officer 1st Class
Smoke tried to buy our local dirt track, but not enough parking and the neighbor wouldn't sell to him. Bummer! I was dreaming of dirt truck racing 5 miles from my house ... Cancer has since beaten the track owner and there is no racing happening there. Come back and buy, Smoke, come back and buy!

U talkin bout hesston? Boy I hope someone ponies up the cash and brings that lil bull ring back. Always enjoy a race there

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just noticed thread name.....it should say "Trucks Getting SLIDEWAYS"

aspeck

Staff member
U talkin bout hesston? Boy I hope someone ponies up the cash and brings that lil bull ring back. Always enjoy a race there

Yep. Talking about Hesston Speedway. Smoke's $ would be great for the track ... if only the Hesston Community Chapel would be willing to sell the hillside beside the track to Tony also ... or anyone for that matter. Parking is a problem with the ground the Erikson's currently own.

aspeck

Staff member
Maybe next year they will throw in a ice race or maybe pikes peak...........who knows

Pike's Peak would be an interesting one to bring back. I have some pretty neat paintings of the Peak races of old ...