trouble with Lowrance HDSlive

peter555

Cadet
I have a new LOWRANCE HDSlive 9. the unit will not settle at 0.0MPH when when docked. It worries me because I look for the speed to be 0.0 to make sure I am anchored. the unit SOG fluctuates btw 0.1 to 0.7 mph even when tied to the dock. Lowrance just told me that it is normal to fluctuate and that I need to buy their external antenna to get 0.0 further more they will not fix or replace the unit. Any suggestions, help.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I have a new LOWRANCE HDSlive 9. the unit will not settle at 0.0MPH when when docked. It worries me because I look for the speed to be 0.0 to make sure I am anchored.
Anchor alarms are (normally) based off position, not speed.
On my unit, you turn the anchor alarm on and enter the diameter of radius the boat is allowed to swing. Alarm sounds if your outside the configured alarm area
the unit SOG fluctuates btw 0.1 to 0.7 mph even when tied to the dock. Lowrance just told me that it is normal to fluctuate and that I need to buy their external antenna to get 0.0 further more they will not fix or replace the unit. Any suggestions, help.
Sounds like your being taken for a ride.
I have two chartplotters onboard. One has an external antennas mounted on top the hardtop. The other (under hardtop) has a built-in antenna. Neither come off 0.0 NM while at rest.

I've kept an close eye on the two units over the years just to see how much, if any deviation there is between the two.
After 4 years of comparions, there is rarely, if ever see any deviation between units beyond the "flickering" (sitting on threashold value) of a number after the decimal point.