trophy customer service?

rob711

Petty Officer 1st Class
does any one have any expierence with trophy customer service...we recently found a leak in our hull where the upper and lower portions come together...it looks as if there is a slight crack in the sealant that they used..its not a big deal and it could be eaisly fixed. i'm going to wait till the end of the season to acually contact them..my fear is that they will want me to bring it back to where i originally purchased it, which was in newhampshire, and i live on long island. about a 2.5 hr ride plus a ferry. its nothing major but in case something elese happens downthe road i figure they should know..thanks for any info
rob
oh its a 2005 1802 w/a purchased in july of 06

SoFloStone

Seaman
Re: trophy customer service?

Is the leak on the top or bottom of the rub rail?

Personally, I would not even bother Trophy about this, and would fix it myself.

carefully use a razor blade and take the silicon off around the area that is cracked, and re-apply 4200 in the area to seal.

I am in the process of re-sealing the entire rub rail, and have removed it completely to do so. It seems trophy does not actually seal the gap between the top and bottom, they only seal between the rub rail and the top, and the rub rail and the bottom, and half arsed behind the rivets.

If it's just a small area, the fix would not take you more than an hour or so. If you took the silicone off the entire top and bottom of the rub rail, then it would not take more than half a day.

Good luck..