trim tabs

mtarantino

Cadet
looking to purchase trim tabs for a 2003 205 osprey aquasport tournament master. Anyone have recommendations for brand and size?

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
Re: trim tabs

I would suggest Bennett 10" x 12" M120s. I had a set on my 20 foot Aquasport walkaround and they were a perfect match. You could also use 12" x 12" Bennetts or another brand.

The M120s have short actuators (rams) and if you have a swim platform it makes installing the Trim Tabs a lot easier.

tpenfield

Staff member

I would suggest Bennett 10" x 12" M120s. I had a set on my 20 foot Aquasport walkaround and they were a perfect match. You could also use 12" x 12" Bennetts or another brand.

The M120s have short actuators (rams) and if you have a swim platform it makes installing the Trim Tabs a lot easier.

You might be setting the 'advertisement alarm' off with the post. . . but I would recommend Bennett as well.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

You might be setting the 'advertisement alarm' off with the post. . . but I would recommend Bennett as well.

I'll be the first to admit I am biased! :)

But I did add, You could also use 12" x 12" Bennetts or another brand. I do try to cover the bases!

mtarantino

Cadet

Any recommendations on the control switch

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

The M120s come standard with a Rocker Switch.

ES-1.jpg

No mater what brand I would recommend the rocker type switch, they all come that way nowadays.

You could consider the switches with the built in Trim Tab indicators. But my experience with my Aquasport and the M120s was that they gave very good control and I knew where the Trim Tabs were by how the boat was responding and never installed the indicators.