Trim Tabs 2 - Thanks for the Help

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Finally put a set of Nauticus Smart Tabs (80Lb) on my FD202GS, got them on iboats (best price I was able to find them at). Fairly straight forward & easy to install, very good instructions. First test run I noticed an immediate improvement on the hole shot and getting on plane. The improved difference (IMO) is huge. I also noticed I can come into the cove at much lower speeds without the bow hunting so they do what they're intended to do. I ran the boat prior to installation to see what my best speed w/out tabs would be (trimmed) using a GPS and got to 46.7MPH (myself & half tank with the lake like glass). With the tabs installed the speed was 46.1 which I'd say is a wash (water was just a hair rougher, but not much). I did notice I didn't have to play with the trim as much and was able to get the trim needle much higher and I could throttle back to maintain that speed. With an I/O that has been an issue for me. I also noticed the boat seemed to run much smoother in the ride department. I'll keep monitoring but right now I don't see any reason to make adjustments. Overall I am "very" pleased and a believer in trim tabs, just getting on plane as fast as I can made it worth the money & effort. I think I'll be able to save a bit of fuel as well. Anyone with a Hurricane that's considering trim tabs should look into them. Thanks to all on the Hurricane page who provided in put on my previous post, it was extremely helpful.

ShadowB
FD202GS I/O 4.3L 190HP

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Trim Tabs 2 - Thanks for the Help

Good report. Sounds like you have them dialed in just right. It is an amazing difference...........wonder why manufacturers like Hurricane don't consider putting them on their boats from the start?

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trim Tabs 2 - Thanks for the Help

Ernest T thanks for your insight, seeing pics of your set-up was the deciding factor.

ShadowB