Trim Cylinder Anodes

NateCCIE

Seaman Apprentice
My 93 Bravo One trim cylinders don't have anodes on them. I bought a anode kit to put some andodes trim cylinders. It seems as though they screw onto the endcaps but I don't have anything for the screws to go into. Is there some kind of threaded insert I can put in there to be able to install these anodes?<br /><br />Thanks<br />-Nate

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Trim Cylinder Anodes

Nope, no inserts.<br />You could by new cylinders :rolleyes:

NateCCIE

Seaman Apprentice

Did they not always have trim cylinder anodes?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

You can put 3/4 in collar zincs on the end of the cylinder arms.They are way beefier than what you are trying to use anyway.Charlie

NateCCIE

Seaman Apprentice

TilliamWe,<br /><br />What do the threaded ones look like?<br /><br />I also have 4 holes but they are all not threaded. I am wondering if the threaded inserts fell out?

TilliamWe

Banned

Originally posted by NateCCIE:<br /> Did they not always have trim cylinder anodes?
MAybe moons and moons ago, but every Merc outdrive I have ever seen has had anodes on the trim cylinders. My 1997 Bravo series has four holes in the end of the trim cylinder. Two are just blanks, and two are threaded.

TilliamWe

Banned

I don't think they are inserts. In your case, they may just be really really dirty? I belive the threaded holes to be at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock.

elpaso

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can put 3/4 in collar zincs on the end of the cylinder arms.They are way beefier than what you are trying to use anyway.Charlie<br /><br />Charleys correct - this is all the had up to<br />about 1992 - if you rebuild your cylinders -<br />the new end caps will have the new style 4 holes.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Dont really need a part #.Any marine store will have a section for zincs.They are universal.Charlie

elpaso

Petty Officer 1st Class

The 2 blank holes in the end cap.<br /><br />A pin type spanner tool fits the holes <br />for removal on cap.