trim button

ringmaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ive been working on a 77 sea ray with a 260 thunderbolt 4 ignition and alpha 1 outdrive we put this setup in everything works great except the trim button. we replaced both trim switches the trim sender works for the guage it goes up when pushing both buttons and goes down but when trying to trim it out there is nothing. im not even sure if i have the wires hooked up right cause when the motor was pulled out of the other boat the wires at the breaker switch were broke. what else would be the reason for the trim switch not working?

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: trim button

If the switch is good, then you don't have all the wires connected properly. I changed out a trim pump a few years back on my 76 ray, and it was a couple weeks between pulling and replacing, and you guessed it, same problem. Took a few minutes to figure out how it was supposed to be hooked up, but worked like a champ after that.

havasuboatman

Ensign
Re: trim button

Check your trim limit switch. It could be adjusted incorrectly or completely fried. It's what controls how far your drive moves when triming. The trim limit switch is on the opposite side of the trim indicator on the gimble ring and says Limit on it.