Transom thru hull connector broke

Kcherc130

Recruit
I purchased a used 2011 5Qi last year that literally had only been used 4-5 times by the previous owners. I was able to put the boat in the water about 4 times before I deployed and the boat was perfect, no issues at all. I winterized the boat and stored in my garage all winter. I put the boat in the water again last weekend and it was one issue after another. The shoot thru hull transducer only read 3.6' regardless of depth and my bilge was filling with water. I am still troubleshooting my transducer but I discovered that the thru hull connector that is the common drain for all the storage/coolers had broken off. It is located on the transom below the water line hence the bilge filling with water. I was surprised to find out that all of my thru hull connectors, 4 in all on my boat, are plastic with a chrome finish; I had previously thought they were metal, and on close inspection all have cracks on the exterior flange and will most likely break in the future.

Has anyone else experienced a failure of their transom thru hull connector and if so how did you replace it. I have searched online for replacement Tracker parts with no joy. I visited the dealership and they are researching if the part is covered under the warranty but they didn't have the part on hand due to it being a special part and instead ordered the part from Tracker.

ilovepe

Recruit
Re: Transom thru hull connector broke

I purchased a used 2011 5Qi last year that literally had only been used 4-5 times by the previous owners. I was able to put the boat in the water about 4 times before I deployed and the boat was perfect, no issues at all. I winterized the boat and stored in my garage all winter. I put the boat in the water again last weekend and it was one issue after another. The shoot thru hull transducer only read 3.6' regardless of depth and my bilge was filling with water. I am still troubleshooting my transducer but I discovered that the thru hull connector that is the common drain for all the storage/coolers had broken off. It is located on the transom below the water line hence the bilge filling with water. I was surprised to find out that all of my thru hull connectors, 4 in all on my boat, are plastic with a chrome finish; I had previously thought they were metal, and on close inspection all have cracks on the exterior flange and will most likely break in the future.

Has anyone else experienced a failure of their transom thru hull connector and if so how did you replace it. I have searched online for replacement Tracker parts with no joy. I visited the dealership and they are researching if the part is covered under the warranty but they didn't have the part on hand due to it being a special part and instead ordered the part from Tracker.

I noticed that one of mine was missing just after I winterized my 2011 Q7i S/F. When I contacted the dealer they told me that they are made plastic and that they see it all the time. They just replaced mine for free because they said it was a warranty issue. They did have to order the part and they had to have my boat a few extra days because of this.
Hope this helps.

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had one break off. However I do not have any leaks.

Kcherc130

Recruit

Thanks for the replies. The dealership still has not gotten back to me but I was able to find a replacement connector. After an hour of research on the internet I determined that the connector is made by TH Marine and is considered an extra long thru hull connector 3/4". I was able to purchase it at a boating supply warehouse locally and it took about 10 min to replace. I plan on leak checking it tomorrow in time for my NC to SC ICW trip this weekend.