Transom seal kit. 120 horse mercruire-1885 Alpha

jeff13601

Chief Petty Officer
I got the outdrive housing apart and took off the old bellows and shift cable. I bought the whole kit but the exhaust bellow is not the same as what is there now. The new one that was sent is smooth and the old was is ridged. I went to the site I bought it from and looked and it appears they sent me a bellow to a bravo. They are closed so I can not call till tommorrow. Does anyone know if the Bravo exhaust bellows is smooth or ridged?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Transom seal kit. 120 horse mercruire-1885 Alpha

If you bought a complete kit and part of it is for a Bravo drive, then all of it is for a Bravo drive. Some of the newer Gen II Alphas and Bravos had the exhaust tube instead of the bellows. But the rest of the "KIT" isn't going to work either.

jeff13601

Chief Petty Officer

Its a Sierra kit.I bought the 18-8205 kit from Marine Parts.com. The rest of the bellows look the same as do the 2 water lines. I guess it would be safer to send the entire kit back as this is the first time I have done this. I was thinking maybe when they packed the kit they mistakenly put in one Bravo bellow.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

there were 4 "alpa" 1 kits. one with a ujoint bellows with a ridge, one without a ridge and one with an exhaust tube and one with an exhaust bellows. <br /> you need the one for #1 units with a ridge and exhaust bellows. in the merc parts guide the two are side by side and sometimes the wrong one gets ordered. not all bravos used the tube, some used an exhast bellows that is the same part # as the alph1 and the GEN II. my bet is the wrong kit was ordered that came with the tube instead of the bellows. the bravo ujoint bellows wont fit the alpha 1 at all.