transom flatness fix ?

Axkiker

Petty Officer 1st Class
So since this could pertain to anyone rebuilding a boat I thought it best to post a new thread. How would one go about fixing the outside of the transom if it were outside of spec on an I/O.

I havent fully measured mine yet so im unsure if ill need to go down that road. I however was thinking about it last night and was trying to think about what in the world one would do if it were needed.

Anyone been down this road? I would love to hear what you did.

Thanks

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Probably just skim it out with fairing compound, but unless it's just horrible the transom gasket will compensate for minor inconsistencies

Did you make a boo-boo somewhere?.

Axkiker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Probably just skim it out with fairing compound, but unless it's just horrible the transom gasket will compensate for minor inconsistencies

Did you make a boo-boo somewhere?.

I don't know yet as I havent had a chance to do any accurate measurements. I was just thinking last night how in the world I would go about fixing if it happens to be out. I figured maybe someone out there had gone down that road before and may be beneficial to publish in a new thread since I couldnt find it in any of my searches.