Trailer wheel size standards/ bolt patterns

2stroke1971

Petty Officer 1st Class
My trailer is a 1984 Load rite....single axle, holds a 20 foot bayliner. Right now, it has automotive rims on it, they are aluminum factory "mags" from a Ford Ranger Im told. (Previous owner did this--I guess the originals were shot or something.)
Five lug, and 15 inch rims. I want to get a spare wheel and tire for it so what do I look for? Are there alot of different bolt patterns out there or are they pretty much standard?

Thanks for any input!

Roadrager50

Seaman
Re: Trailer wheel size standards/ bolt patterns

First measure the hub hole then measure from the center of one lug nut hole to center of the opposite lug hole. This will give you the bolt pattern so you can find the right size wheel.

Cheetah 210es

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you want a matching spare I'd be looking round breakers yards. If you want to replace with new, the main things are offset (how much dish) and PCD (stud pattern).

dlngr

Chief Petty Officer

Ford Ranger wheels are a 5 on 4&1/2 " That is also the most common trailer bolt pattern on the market.!! You can buy 'em anywhere,even Walmart.

2stroke1971

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the info! I got lucky last year running without a spare. My first trip here in a couple weeks is a long one, and I dont want to push my luck! (Although I did actually carry a tire in the van--I didnt have a wheel...My plan was if I had a failure, I have to find someone open to mount a tire....
Wouldnt work so well for the trip home, since we usually start in the late afternoon and come home in the wee hours!